Wednesday, August 27

make a difference

Everyday I ask myself some questions. What to wear, where to go, what must I do today, what will I do today…but the most important question that comes at the end of everyday is ‘what have I done today to be proud?’. It`s a question which’s answer influences my living and my future days. It's easy to say what you had for breakfast, but it's not that easy to live a day thinking you should do things right every time so that you can be proud of who you are at the end of the day. Today, I woke up early and walked my dog more than usual and I feel proud of that. It may not sound that much of a big deal to you, but it did to me. Because he was truly happy, and I could tell that. I love my dog, and I love the feeling I get after doing  something for him. It's the same with others. I'm happy if I made someone happy with my behaving or if I know I helped someone improve their lives through my actions. There are days when I do things I know from the beginning I will not be proud of. Why do I do them anyway? Because I'm still a child and I want to experiment. I want to feel things on my own in order to understand them completely and have the power to reveal them to others. I guess the worst day you can have is a day when you did nothing. I think that kind of day is a lost day. It's waste of energy, time and air. People die every day, people die every time we blink. They die of cancer and aids and pneumonia, but most of them die of small and stupid diseases like colds or diarrhea. Hundreds of people die everyday of hunger. Of course, we can`t imagine how that is because we have never put ourselves in the position of wondering what will we eat the next meal, or the next day.  We can actually stop some of those deaths if we get involved somehow for the world, for the people that need us. There are plenty of organizations out there, just waiting for someone to take the lead, to shout a suggestion, to want to make a difference. Each day I'm trying my best to be that someone that will make a difference someday with just a whisper. 

No comments: